Cranberries Health Benefits
Cranberries are known to be incredibly healthy berries. Aside from blueberries, they are often regarded as the healthiest. If you are planning to eat cranberries, then you should know about the different health benefits associated with them. Here are just a few of the many health benefits of cranberries.
Health Benefits of Cranberries
- Cranberries are the most well known for helping the body get rid of urinary tract infections.
- Due to the high amount of antioxidants, cranberries may help prevent various forms of cancer.
- Cranberries can assist with stomach ulcers, which may be caused by a type of bacteria that cranberries can help the body rid of.
- These berries can also help the body get rid of certain odors, such as bad breath. The reason once again has to do with the bacteria-fighting properties of cranberries.
- Many people believe that cranberries may aid in weight loss.
- Cranberries have been shown to prevent heart disease and lower cholesterol, which are very common problems that affect Americans.
- These berries are known to fight off yeast infections.
- Due to their bacteria-fighting properties, cranberries are known to help get rid of tooth decay.
These are just some of the many different health benefits that cranberries have to offer. All that you need to do in order to achieve some of these healthy benefits is eat about a handful of cranberries a day. Fresh cranberries tend to work the best, but dried cranberries ("craisins") also can be a great option. Cranberry juice, as long as it is very low in sugar or sugar free, can also provide the body with the health benefits that cranberries have to offer.